2 players behind the project
The project organize an efficient circuit for reusing glass containers for a range of products selected and sold by a network of 5 Super U stores in Brittany: Rennes, Sarah Bernard, Craon, Châteaugiron, Mordelles, Guichen.
6-month trial starting March 1.
Objectives : validate consumer appetite, economic viability and operational feasibility of reuse loops.
Creating a re-use loop in supermarkets
Containers are collected from U supermarkets, washed by Uzaje and returned to producers for reconditioning.
The brands and products concerned are identified in store as reusable.
- Containers are non-returnable, and are returned on a voluntary basis.
- Customers can return the containers to any Super U
Uzaje takes care of washing the containers and returning them to the producers.
Manufacturers involved in the program
- 11 project partners, container/bottle types and 160 products
- Private label products & national producers
How were the packaging materials chosen?
- Sales volumes
- Large capacities
- Focus Bio
- References in major product categories
Two in-store collection systems: Meuble & Machine
4 stores: Chateaugiron, Craon, Guichen & Mordelle, Rennes Sarah Bernardt & Craon